Summer is in full bloom and if you haven’t already, you are going to want to refresh your daily hair routine. Ever want to give your hair a little extra something in the morning but don’t have time? There are a few ways to add quick glam to your everyday hair routines.
Dove Hair Stylist Cynthia Alvarez is here to share a few easy tips and tricks that she’s used to elevate her look while on the run, touring with Shakira.
- Creating “lived in” waves can be super quick and easy. Start by separating the hair into four or more sections. Roll the hair up as if you were doing a pin curl and press the flat iron on the hair, hitting each section for about 5- 10 seconds. Once it’s cooled, untwist each section, pull on the curl to slightly relax it and finish the look with a spritz of Dove Compressed Micro Mist Flexible Hold Hairspray to combat frizz and give your look a long-lasting hold. Pro Tip: The smaller the section, the tighter the wave.
- Styling curly hair in the morning can be time consuming. Opting to sweep your curls up can get you out the door sooner and keep them out of your way for the rest of the day. Sweep your hair up by pulling the back section of your hair into a ponytail at the crown, leaving the pieces around your hairline loose. Once you secure your ponytail with an elastic, twist it upward and anchor it with bobby pins. Sweep the front section of your hair up and back toward the twist, and secure with bobby pins. You may want to let a few tendrils fall around your face for a softer look. Give the look a fancy finish by adorning it with gorgeous pearl-tipped bobby pins.
- Summer days call for hairstyles that keep hair off your face and neck. If you have an extra 5 minutes in the morning, you can create a super chic updo of triple knots. The trio of buns looks elaborate and fancy but it’s easy to create. Start by combing hair back and dividing it into three low ponytails at the nape of your neck. Twist the ponytails tightly, and then wrap the hair around the base of the ponytail to create a bun. Secure the buns with a bobby pin and pull on a few random pieces to create texture.
- Using masks should be a thing, no matter your hair texture. Spending those extra 5 minutes in the shower can make your hair stronger and give you a high wattage shine. Masking is a key step to hydrate hair and prevent frizz, especially in humid summer months. Dove Anti-Frizz Oil Therapy Mask smooths and hydrates your hair, all while making it super shiny and frizz-free.
- You only need 5 minutes to upgrade your ponytail from drab to fab. Create two ponytails – one on the bottom and one at the top allows for a longer, fuller ponytail. First, smooth your hair and tease the top section for volume and pull it into a ponytail, and secure it with an elastic. Style the lower section into a ponytail. Back comb the ends of the top ponytail to cover the base of the lower ponytail and finish with a spritz of Dove Compressed Micro Mist Flexible Hold Hairspray for a frizz-free, touchable style that brushes out easily.