- The definition of beauty is evolving faster than the industry can keep up with, in fact 69% of women agree that they don’t see themselves reflected in advertisements, movies, television.
- 71% of women and 67% of girls wish the media did a better job of portraying women of diverse physical appearance – age, race, shape and size.
- 74% of women believe more needs to be done to redefine the current definition of beauty to be more inclusive.
- For 60 years, Dove has listened to and cared about women, and we believe all women and girls have the right to see their #RealBeauty represented in media and culture.
- Dove has always been committed to creating a world where beauty is a source of confidence, not anxiety.
- Dove remains committed to only feature real women, to never digitally alter her appearance, and to help the next generation develop a positive relationship with their appearance.
- Industry findings suggest that one solution to on-screen diversity is to hire more women on production crews.
- Real Beauty Productions has set a goal to employ an entirely female crew for each film.
69% of women say they don’t see their lives reflected on screens. Dove Real Beauty Productions puts the power of storytelling directly into the hands of real women and girls. Share your story with us at http://bit.ly/2ovtd6w