- Always make sure your skin is moisturized (face and body). I love POND’S® Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream, which contains vitamin E that helps maintain the healthy appearance of my skin. You have to rub it in your fingers and warm it up and then apply by patting it into your skin. It’s the best for dry skin and with how much a travel, I have found it to be the only one that helps maintain my skin glowing.
- When tired, under eye masks are my saving grace! I learned to put them in the freezer the night before and then put them on for 30 minutes to reduce puffiness. It’s like magic. I also make sure to clean my face with hydrating soap like the Dove Beauty Bar, which contains ¼ moisturizing cream and maintains my skin radiant.
- I used to not leave the house without putting mascara on, until I found a magical eyelash curler. Now I curl them in the morning and “boom,” wide awake look without any need for makeup. A curled lash changes the eye shape and makes the eye look bigger.
- I have always been a rebel when it comes to switching up my hair, but I couldn’t have done it without coconut oil. I apply the Suave Professionals Coconut Oil Infusion Damage Repair Oil Treatment and leave it in my hair at least once a week for an hour, to keep my stands shiny and strong, and it smells amazing!
- Don’t forget to turn on some music while getting ready. I love to set a tempo by listening to good music when I wake up or I am getting ready for events. Sometimes we forget how big of an effect music has on our mood, so I always love to get the good vibes going by listening to music.
About Denise Bidot
Denise Bidot, the size 14, Puerto Rican and Kuwaiti, international plus-size model, TV personality, the voice and advocate for curvy women and self-love, can be recognized for her groundbreaking movements within the fashion industry. During New York Fashion Week 2014, Denise broke many barriers by becoming the first plus-size model to walk two runways for straight-size brands; CHROMAT and Serena Williams’ HSN fashion line.
In addition, Denise’s life was profiled in HBO’s ‘Habla Women,’ with other empowering stories of Latinas, which includes actress Gina Rodriguez, Cosmopolitan For Latinas Magazine’s editor-in-chief, Michelle Herrera Mulligan, and female boxer, Marlen Esparza. Denise was also featured as a mom on the web series with Yahoo! En Espanol titled “Mama vs. Mama. On the show, she conducted fun DIY projects and shared parenting tips with fellow Latin TV personality, lsolda Peguero.
At the age of 18, she decided to move to Los Angeles to further pursue her dreams of being an actor. After a few scenarios of casting directors requesting Denise to lose weight in order to gain leading rolls she decided to embark on a careen in makeup and enrolled in, Studio Makeup Academy in Hollywood, CA. Before she knew it, Denise was doing freelance makeup on photo-shoots and films. After a lucky break during a photo-shoot where she started to receive requests from clients to model for their clothing lines and shortly after she became a part of a well-known modeling agency and moved to New York.
Currently, lives bicoastal between New York and LA balancing her role as model, a mom and her position as a relatable influencer. She is focused to continue spreading the message of self-love and confidence.