Summer is in full swing and itâ€™s time for backyard BBQsÂ and throwing some meat, veggies and burgers on the grill for summer entertaining.Â Well July is National Grilling Month.
From meat, poultry and seafood, to vegetables, fruit and dessert, almost any food can be grilled. Outdoor BBQs are a fun way to gather and spend some quality time with friends and family.
Cesar Zapata, the Chef and owner of the nationally acclaimed The Federal Food, Drink & Provisions restaurant in Miami, is known for the clever, innovative ways that he interprets the cooking from his native Colombia, and the impact that living in Texas, with its strong Mexican influence, has had on his barbeque and smoking techniques.
The following marinade recipe, created by Zapata, is inspired by his Latin roots and is ideal for chicken, pork and red meats.
The marinade can be prepared ahead of time and can be refrigerated and stored for a few days.
Spicy Green Marinade Recipe:
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons triguisar Latin spice blend
- 1 tablespoon TABASCOÂ® Green JalapeÃ±o
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until slightly chunky
- Pour into a large zip top bag and add desired meat
- Seal bag and place in glass dish and set in refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours