Satisfy your sweet tooth with this delicious recipe for Churros with Dulce de Leche Sauce
Recipe Serves: 12
Prep Time : 15 min
Cook Time : 1 Hours 25 min
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- To make sauce, preheat oven to 400°. Pour condensed milk into 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and place in roasting pan. Pour in hot water to reach about halfway up sides of baking dish. Bake 1 hour or until golden. Remove from oven; transfer to small bowl and whisk until smooth. Add milk and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Put water, Country Crock® Spread and salt in medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in flour. Reduce heat to low and stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and, stirring constantly, gradually stir in eggs until mixture is smooth.
- Heat 2-inches oil to 360° in large pot over medium-high heat. Combine sugar with cinnamon on plate and set aside.
- Spoon dough into pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Squeeze three or four (4-inch long) strips of dough into oil. Fry, turning once, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels, then coat with cinnamon sugar. Serve with sauce.