1 oz Tequila Don Julio Blanco
1 oz Lime Juice
1 oz Watermelon Juice
3/4 oz Gunpowder Mexican Chilies Infused with Agave Nectar*
1/2 oz Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
Micro Thai Basil, Viola Flowers, Lemon Zest and Watermelon Slice for Garnish
*Gunpowder Mexican Chilies Infused with Agave Nectar
10 Ancho Chile Peppers
10 Chipotle Peppers
4 qt Gunpowder Tea
6 qt Agave Syrup
- Chop peppers and add to pot with gunpowder tea. Bring to boil and let boil for 10 minutes.
- Add agave syrup and stir until dissolved.
- Let cool and strain out peppers.
Makes 10 quarts, can be stored in refrigerator.
- Combine lime juice, watermelon juice, gunpowder Mexican chilies infused with agave nectar and fresh squeezed orange juice into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well.
- Strain contents into a tequila shot glass.
- Garnish with micro thai basil, viola flowers, lemon zest and watermelon slice wrapped around inside of glass.
- Pour Tequila Don Julio Blanco into a tequila shot glass.
- Serve sangrita mix and Tequila Don Julio Blanco side by side.
Ideal Serve: Caballito Glass (shot glass)