Cinnamon Cereal Waffles with Milk Glaze
Created by Ericka Sanchez, Nibbles & Feasts
Yield: Makes 8 servings
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups Cinnamon Pebbles Cereal
1 cup 2% milk
1 cup buttermilk
3 eggs, separated
1/2 cup melted butter, at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons water
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
For the waffles:
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer instructions.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and 2 cups Cinnamon Pebbles in a large bowl.
- Beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yolks, milk, buttermilk and butter.
- Stir in wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Fold in egg whites into mixture with a silicone spatula until completely combined. Batter will be thick.
- Scoop 1/3 cup mixture on preheated waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer instructions.
- Serve hot. Sprinkle with remaining Cinnamon Pebbles, pecans and a drizzle of milk glaze.
For the glaze:
Combine powdered sugar, water and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Whisk until a glaze consistency forms.