Lavender is a widely known ingredient used for relaxation, medicinal and therapeutic purposes. That’s why NEW Dove Advanced Care Lavender Fresh has put together a ‘Lavender Head-to-Toe Check list’ so you can take on all the new year will bring feeling your best.
Lavender Takeover – The Major Key to Unwinding this New Year
- Homemade Lavender scrub – Exfoliating skin during the winter months is key, so why not turn it into a fun craft? With just a mix of 1 ½ cups of Epsom salt, 1 cup of coconut oil and about 25 drops of Lavender essential oil you can create your very own skin softening treat and winter glow. Massage into hands and body, then rinse well for a therapeutic exfoliation.
- Aromatic Bubble Bath: The winter season and added time indoors is opportunity to really enjoy “you” time, take this as your cue to draw that luxurious bubble bath you’ve been craving during the cold months. Lavender bath salts, oil and soap can all help take your experience to the next relaxation level.
- Lavender for the “forgotten” zones: After a relaxing bath, indulge those forgotten areas (elbows, toes, etc.) with the key moisturization & hydration they require. Even underarms need just as much TLC, make sure to nourish and protect them with a deo like Dove Advanced Care Lavender Fresh. Its NutriumMoisture™ formula and sweet notes of lavender & vanilla – provide softer, smoother skin and 48hr protection, keeping you fresh and confident.
- Decompress & Destress: Did you know lavender tea promotes relaxation and healthy digestion? Studies have even found that the scent of lavender can slow nervous system activity, decrease blood pressure & heart rate*, thus having a calming effect on our bodies and minds. So, brew some tea while you enjoy your favorite book or latest TV premieres!
- Sweet smelling slumber: Beauty sleep is everything ladies! From avoiding those tired eyes or under eye bags, to feeling revitalized and ready to take on the day – sleep is essential. Use lavender oil to calm that racing mind and drift off to a peaceful slumber. Rub 2-3 drops on wrists, temples, and neck area – then take in the scent with three long drawn breaths and close your eyes. Your body will thank you in the morning!
*U.S. National Library of Medicine, “The effects of lavender oil inhalation” (April 2012)
I will tell you my own ways I use Lavendar.
- Pour some water, almond oil and lavendar oil in a spray bottle and shake. I spray it around the bedroom before bed to help relax the mind and body.
- In a hot bath, I pour a few drops of almond oil and lavendar oil and relax in the bath – Especially when I am not feeling well.
So How many of you use lavender?