“The greatest hip hop artist on the planet is someone whose name you might not know, though you should. He goes by the name of El B, and he practices his art right here in the United States.” ~T.J. English (New York Times Best-Selling Author)
El B is honored with a nomination for the 2016 Latin GRAMMY Awards as Best Urban Music Album for Luz as announced today by Enrique Iglesias on Facebook for The Recording Academy. Today’s nomination is the fruit of a life long investment in his truth and artistic integrity. Within the category are also Arianna Puello, J Balvin, Emicida, andFarruko.
Luz, El B‘s sixth solo album after a decade as half of Los Aldeanos, was released on June 24 on iTunes featured new releases and with the collaboration of great artists and creative producers such as Talib Kweli (“Sigo Aquí”), MLKMN (“No Son Nadie,” “Sigo Pensando,” “Líder”), Itawe, Locos por Juana (“Sigo Aquí”), Javier ‘lakambra’ Delgado and Mark Kondrat, Locos por Juana (“Emigrante”), Diesel (“Sigo Aquí,” “De La Calle,” “Inexplicable,” “Encuentra Tu Lugar”) GRAMMY winner, sound engineer, Frank “El Médico.”
El B is known for moving masses with concentrated ferocity in his live performances, showing with an effervescent rapping and unique poetry a strong criticism for his country’s political repression. The Cuban artist dedicates this work of art to his people hoping to inspire the next generation to continue to seek true freedom.
“Luz is the first album I do outside my country and the first one under my own imprint ZENSTAR Productions. The sacrifice is paying off! This year there will be hip-hop at the Latin GRAMMYs! Eternally thankful with God, my family, all the artists who worked with me on this project, my team, my people for with your support I am still alive and free; to all my fans for the love and unconditional support!,” adds El B.
- Luz (Acapella)
- Comienza De Nuevo (ft. Raymond Rodríguez; prod. El B)
- Ciudad Desnuda (prod. Vei Beats)
- Pa’l Carajo (prod. Santos y Nesty)
- No Son Nadie (prod. MLKMN)
- Sigo Aquí (ft. Talib Kweli; prod. Diesel)
- La Carta (prod. Iván Rodríguez y Jonan Mondejar)
- De La Calle (prod. Diesel)
- Sigo Pensando (ft. Itawe; prod. MLKMN)
- Líder (prod. MLKMN)
- Encuentra Tu Lugar (ft. Jordan Fernández; prod. Diesel)
- Inexplicable (prod. Diesel)
- Emigrante (prod. Javier ‘lakambra’ Delgado/ Mark Kondrat y El B)
- Por Los Buenos Tiempos (prod. Boris Beats ‘N Da Hood)
- Mi Casa (prod. El B)
The 17th Annual Latin GRAMMY Awards will broadcast live on Univision on Thursday, November 17 from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Luz available on iTunes