GLENVIEW, IL â€“ June 16, 2015 â€“ (HISPANICIZE WIRE) – Thinking about a career in sales? With many sales jobs being commission-based, it can offer the right people significant professional and financial rewards. Combined Insurance, a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health, life insurance products, recognizes that some of the most successful salespeople share these 10 personality traits. Do you have what it takes?
1. Personable â€“ The most successful salespeople know how to get along with and enjoy meeting and talking to a wide variety of people. They also tend to be comfortable and confident in social settings.
2. Ambitious â€“ Successful salespeople set goals for themselves and focus on achieving them. They have a drive to succeed in all that they do and thrive on success.
3. Confident â€“ Rejection is commonplace in sales. Salespeople hear the word “no” all the time. Successful salespeople have the confidence to take “no” as a challenge, not as personal rejection.
4. Passionate â€“ Successful salespeople have a deep belief in and a dedication to what they do and sell.
5. Independent â€“ Since many sales positions are commission-based, the most successful salespeople are typically self-starters who can take personal initiative by identifying the work steps needed to achieve success.
6. Hard working â€“ Successful salespeople have a good work ethic and do what it takes to get the job done. They also are willing to roll up their sleeves and work long hours to reach and surpass their goals.
7. Disciplined â€“ Procrastination is non-existent for successful salespeople, who possess tremendous follow-through and are not easily swayed from their tasks or goals. They are good at organizing, planning, and prioritizing, and have a â€œdo it nowâ€ mentality.
8. Positive â€“ Successful salespeople see the glass as half full. They have positive attitudes and are able to turn negatives into positives in any sales situation. They learn from defeat to better improve their chances of success.
9. Persuasive â€“ No customer likes to be â€œsoldâ€ to. Thatâ€™s why successful salespeople act more as â€œconsultantsâ€ and tailor their approach to meet the different needs of prospective buyers to better influence their decision to buy.
10. Adaptable â€“ Successful salespeople understand that change is sometimes necessary and are able to quickly adapt and to change what doesnâ€™t work.
For information about Combined Insuranceâ€™s available sales opportunities visit: www.combinedinsurance.com/careers.
About Combined Insurance
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products and an ACE Group company. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. For more information, call 1-800-490-1322 or visit www.combinedinsurance.com.
ACE Group is one of the worldâ€™s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 54 countries, ACE provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. ACE Limited, the parent company of ACE Group, is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: ACE) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Additional information can be found at: www.acegroup.com.