Did you know that November is Men’s Health (Physical & Mental) month and a way to bring awareness there’s a worldwide movement called Movember where Men shave off there Mustache (some entire Beards depending on your group rules) to raise awareness of Men’s Health. Well yesterday marked November 1st and as usual im all in.
Men’s Health Facts:
- Average Life Expectancy for men in the United States is almost 5 years less than women.
- 12.1% of men 18 years and over are in fair or poor health
- 1 in 2 MEN (50%) will be diagnosed with cancer in their LIFETIME.
- The Movember Foundation aims to change this way of thinking by putting a fun twist on this serious issue. Using the moustache as a catalyst, the idea is to bring about change and give men the opportunity and confidence to learn and talk about their health and take action when needed.
- As a global menâ€™s health movement, the Movember Foundation has the ambition to contribute to improving the lives of men around the world. To achieve this, we challenge men to grow moustaches during Movember (the month formerly known as November) to spark conversation and raise funds for prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health problems. We see success as moving the dial on progress towards:
- Reduced mortality from prostate, testicular cancer and menâ€™s suicide
Men living with prostate or testicular cancer being physically and mentally well
- Men and boys understanding how to be mentally healthy and taking action when they experience mental health problems
- Men and boys with mental health problems not being discriminated against