Fire Grilled Fajita Casserole
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 (16 oz.) can of BUSH’S Baked Beans with Onion
- 1 medium onion
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 1 pound of shredded roasted chicken or rotisserie
- 2 cups of cooked farro or quinoa
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Jalapeño and cilantro chopped, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200C or 400F.
- Chop the onion in half-moons. Grill the peppers and jalapeño on the open flame of your stove: Put the peppers directly on the flame, leave it there for 1-2 minutes until it is black, using tongs turn them so that it burns the skin on all sides, around 10 minutes. Remove and let them rest/steam on a closed plastic bag for 15 minutes. Wash the skin off under running water. Remove seeds and chopped the peppers into thin strips.
- Mix peppers and onion in a bowl and sprinkle with the fajitas seasoning. Stir well.
- In a baking dish with a diameter of 8′ or similar, combine the beans with the farro or quinoa. Stir. Place the shredded chicken on top. Sprinkle over half the cheese. Cover with the onion and peppers seasoned. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover, place the rest of the cheese on top and cook 10 minutes more. Until bubbling and the cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sliced roasted jalapeño and chopped cilantro.
Chipotle Black Bean Chili + Chorizo
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 4 cans (15 oz.) of BUSH’S Chili Black Beans
- 1 yellow onion chopped into small cubes
- 2 chorizos, chopped and with the case removed
- 1 chipotle chopped and 1 tablespoon of sauce
- 1 can (15 oz.) of pumpkin puree
- Oil and salt
- Queso Fresco or Cotija, optional for serving
- Cilantro, optional for serving
- In a large, heavy-bottom pot. Heat over medium heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped chorizo. Cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the chipotle, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cans of beans and the pumpkin puree.
- Stir well and continue cooking over medium heat until hot.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve with shredded or crumbled cheese and cilantro.
Cuban Black Beans & Rice
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 can of beans Frijoles Cubanos BUSH’S Cocina Latina
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add cumin, bay leaf, and garlic. Cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the can of beans (undrained), and 1/2 can of water.
- Stir and wait until it begins to boil gently.
- Add 3 cups rice and stir well. Let warm up. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt.
- Serve hot.
Chicken Posole With Pinto Beans Recipe
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
4 cups chicken broth
1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 can BUSH’S Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
1 can BUSH’S Hominy, rinsed
2 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat for a minute or two.
2. Add the chopped onion and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Cook the onion over medium heat until soft and beginning to brown (about 12 minutes), stirring continuously.
3. Add chicken broth and diced tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
4. Stir in red pepper and cumin, then add in BUSH’S Pinto Beans and cook for about 10 minutes. Stir regularly.
5. Add in BUSH’S Hominy and the shredded chicken, and cook over low-medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly until heated through.
6. Remove from heat, ladle into bowls, serve and enjoy!
- Chicken Posole with BUSH’S pinto beans, chicken and diced tomatoes.
- Fire Grilled Fajita Casserole with BUSH’S Baked Beans, jalapeños and quinoa.
- Chipotle Black Bean Chili + Chorizo with BUSH’S Chili Black Beans, queso fresco and pumpkin puree.
- Cuban Black Beans & Rice with Frijoles Cubanos BUSH’S Cocina Latina, long grain rice and cumin.