We are excited to let you know about a new collaboration between the Tribeca Film Festival and Snapchat! Brought together by a shared love of storytelling, Tribeca Film Festival and Snapchat present TRIBECA SNAPCHAT SHORTS (https://tribecafilm.com/snapchatshorts), the first ever program of its kind — spotlighting the best Snapchat Stories from across the U.S. This new program encourages creativity, humor, and imagination through Snapchat with the goal of spotlighting the next generation of mobile storytellers.
Small screens. Big stories.
- Tribeca Film Festival and Snapchat invite Snapchatters to create a Story exclusively using Snapchat (200 seconds max), which they can download and submit to a panel of celebrity jurors including talented storytellers and avid Snapchatters, including DJ Khaled.
- The theme: comedy : )
- The 10 winning shorts will be announced timed to the 15th annual Tribeca Film Festival in New York City in April 2016.
- They will be highlighted at the Festival and may be featured on a special Snapchat Discover channel.
- Submissions open on February 27th and close March 8th.
- You must be a legal U.S. resident in the 50 United States and District of Columbia and 18+ to submit.
- The Tribeca Film Festival is a pioneering platform for showcasing innovative storytelling through new technology.
- Snapchat is a storytelling tool used by over 100 million people every day to tell their own Stories and consume others’ content. You can shoot and edit your mobile video on one platform.
- This new program gives creative Snapchatters the opportunity to combine the skills essential to filmmaking – storyboarding, scripting, casting – with the accessibility and mobile editing tools innate to the Snapchat platform.
- Submission guidelines and contest rules are available at https://tribecafilm.com/snapchatshorts.