Bounce TV, the nation’s fastest-growing television network designed for African-American audiences, will celebrate Black Music Month by airing a special selection of films throughout June honoring the most iconic African American artists in music history, including Michael Jackson, Diana Ross as well as a special birthday tribute to Prince.
Bounce TV Celebrates Black Music Month Programming Highlights:
- Who’s the Man (12:30pm/ET – June 4) – Ice-T, Dr. Dre, Ed Lover, Bernie Mac and Bill Bellamy star in this comedy following two inept barbers that decide to join the police force. As they discover corruption within their city, each barber takes measures into their own hands even if it means creating their own crime-fighting plans.
- The Wiz (2:00pm/ET – June 6) – The King of Pop Michael Jackson stars in the classic adaption of “The Wizard of Oz” alongside Diana Ross as Dorothy, Richard Pryor as The Wiz and Lena Horne as Glinda the Good Witch.
- The Five Heartbeats (10:00pm/ET – June 6) – Robert Townsend, Leon, Michael Wright, Diahann Carroll, and Harry Lennix star in this popular musical drama following five friends that leave their poor neighborhood to become a top rhythm & blues singing group. On their way to the top, these musicians tackle fame as they face issues such as unpredictable romantic relationships, substance abuse and new found fortune while trying to save their brotherly bond.
- Graffiti Bridge (10:00pm/ET – June 7) – Bounce TV celebrates Prince’s birthday with the sequel to Purple Rain – which won the Oscar® for Best Music. Prince returns as “The Kid” who must fight to keep his club and the love of his life safe from his musical rival.
- Under the Cherry Moon (12:00 midnight/ET, June 7) – Following Graffiti Bridge, Prince returns in this drama which follows two brothers on a mission to France to scam millions of dollars from beautiful, well-off families. As one brother seeks to get all the money he can bear, the other accidentally falls in love with one of their wealthy targets; Oscar®-nominee Kristin Scott Thomas co-stars.
- Echoes: ‘Cross the Tracks (1:00am/ET June 19) – This acclaimed documentary chronicles the history of the Blues across the Mississippi Delta. Morgan Freeman lends his legendary voice as narrator.
ABOUT BOUNCE TV: Bounce TV – the only emerging broadcast network producing original scripted series – is the fastest-growing African-American (AA) network on television. Bounce TV features a programming mix of original and off-network series, theatrical motion pictures, specials, live sports and more. Bounce TV has grown to be available in more than 93.5 million homes across the United States and 93% of all African American television homes, including all of the top AA television markets. Among the founders of Bounce TV are iconic American figures Martin Luther King, III and former United Nations Ambassador and Civil Rights icon Andrew Young.