The third episode of the Dove Channel’s first original series, Frankly Faraci, features a never-before-seen interview with cast members of the popular sketch comedy TV show Studio C. Hosted by journalist Matthew Faraci, Frankly Faraci provides viewers with an intimate, behind-the-scenes look at high-profile figures in entertainment, music, sports, business, and politics who are doing good things in the world.
“Among young people especially, Studio C is the ‘it’ sketch comedy show to watch. It’s wildly creative, out-of-the-box, laugh-till-you-hurt funny, and yet completely appropriate for the whole family. While their ‘Scott Sterling’ soccer sketch brought the group to new heights of fame last year, the growing Studio C audience has been rabidly engaged for years,” said Matthew Faraci, host of Frankly Faraci.
“This is the first on-the-record, mainstream interview in which the cast really opens up about their ‘why’, revealing the faith foundation that motivates them to do what they do. Fans of the show will absolutely love this conversation, and folks just getting to know Studio C will see why they should tune in and share this amazing group with family and friends.”
NOTABLE QUOTES FROM STUDIO C IN THIS EPISODE:
- On why Studio C focuses on clean comedy: “We thought if people knew it existed, they’d probably enjoy watching it, especially families, that was always the goal.”
- On what market it serves: “There’s a lot of things that little kids can watch and a lot of things that their parents can watch. But to be like, hey guys, it’s 7 o’clock let’s watch something together that we’ll all find entertaining. I think Hollywood in particular isn’t serving that market. And I think it really is a big market.”
- On where their inspiration comes from: “Life.” “Random thoughts.” “Watching interesting people.”
- On why kids love the show so much: “We have fun energy. Even if they aren’t getting it they love the energy we have. And they’re allowed to watch it.”
- On the impact Studio C is having on families: “Let’s make something that the family can watch together, so can be a shared experience, they can be quoting it years from now.”
- On the female Studio C cast members: “They are very gifted.” “We couldn’t do a show without them, but they could do a show without us.” “I think women especially need more examples of strong women especially in comedy where it’s a very male dominated field and I think our women carry that torch brilliantly. I know being able to play characters that aren’t just respected because of their bodies or how cute they are or something – funny, solid characters – it does a lot for our culture and for girls everywhere.”
- On whether faithful people can be funny: “Let’s take the things that are serious seriously, and things that aren’t serious, let’s not take them seriously.”
- On what’s driving them, in terms of their faith: “I want to make sure my values that I try to teach to my children, that my parents have taught me that I’m consistent with that with my comedy and in my acting so that the two are never in battle with each other. I don’t think most actors, writers, and comedians have that luxury.”
Season One includes behind-the-scenes interviews with: The Piano Guys on tour, the hit sketch comedy group Studio C, YouTube sensations Daniel and Lincoln Markham of What’s (In)side?, former NFL Linebacker Bryan Schwartz and his wife Diane, founders of #FamilyGoals, Hip-hop Artist Propaganda, and much, much more. Each episode is 22 minutes in length.
Frankly Faraci is available exclusively on Dove Channel, and can be viewed across a broad spectrum of connected devices including Roku® Players and Roku TV™ models, Android and iOS, AppleTV, LeEco smart phones and TVs, the web, and other mobile and tablet devices. Additionally, Dove Channel, along with CinedigmCONtv and Docurama, are available to Amazon Prime members as part of Amazon’s new Streaming Partners Program. Prime members can view Cinedigm’s channels with the Amazon Video app available across hundreds of devices.
About the Show
Frankly Faraci is a new original series on Dove Channel featuring authentic, heartfelt, behind-the-scenes interviews with inspirational figures in entertainment, music, sports, business, and politics who are actively focused on doing good and bringing positivity into the culture. Hosted by journalist Matthew Faraci, Frankly Faraci is an unprecedented show that will delight families with wonderfully unique stories they won’t see anywhere else. For everyone who is looking to be uplifted and inspired…welcome home.
About the Host
Matthew Faraci is President of Inspire Buzz, a marketing agency promoting family-friendly entertainment to the values audience. Prior to starting his company, Faraci had several successful careers, serving as a journalist, political strategist, government spokesperson, communications strategist, publicist, entrepreneur, teacher, and even as a standup comedian and writer. He brings all of these experiences to bear as host of Frankly Faraci, an inspiring new talk show highlighting faithful personalities the whole family can celebrate.
About Dove Channel
Dove Channel currently has a library of almost 1,400 pieces of content, including nearly 500 films and 900 television episodes approved by the Dove Foundation and ranks as the largest library of faith-based & family-friendly content in the OTT marketplace. Dove NOW, a new auto-play feature on the service for those who simply want to relax and watch, airs kids programming blocks in the morning and early afternoon, and blocks containing more adult fare from fringe to primetime. A subscription-based offering at $4.99 per month, the programming can be viewed across a broad spectrum of connected devices including Roku® Players and Roku TV™ models, Android and iOS, AppleTV, LeEco smart phones and TVs, the web, and other mobile and tablet devices. Additionally, Dove Channel, along with Cinedigm’s CONtv and Docurama, are available to Amazon Prime members as part of Amazon’s new Streaming Partners Program. Prime members can view Cinedigm’s channels with the Amazon Video app available across hundreds of devices.
About Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM)
Cinedigm is a leading independent content distributor in the United States, with direct relationships with thousands of digital platforms and retail storefronts, including iTunes, Netflix, Amazon, Wal-Mart and Target, as well as the national Video on Demand platform on cable television. Cinedigm has a distribution library of over 60,000 film and TV episodes.
Additionally, given Cinedigm’s infrastructure, technology, content and distribution expertise, the Company has rapidly become a leader in the quickly evolving over-the-top digital network business. Cinedigm’s first channel, DOCURAMA, launched in May 2014, and is currently available on iOS, Roku, Amazon Prime, Xbox and Samsung, with additional platforms currently being rolled out. Cinedigm launched CONtv on March 3, 2015. The Company’s third OTT channel, DOVE CHANNEL, launched on September 15, 2015 and is a digital streaming subscription service targeted to families and kids seeking high quality and family-friendly content approved by Dove Foundation. Combined, the three streaming channels currently provide more than 5,500 hours of content to viewers across more than 3.2 million app downloads.
Cinedigm™ and Cinedigm Digital Cinema Corp™ are trademarks of Cinedigm Corp. www.cinedigm.com. [CIDM-G]