TUESDAY, SEPT. 29
Noticias Telemundo announced its multiplatform coverage of the first presidential debate set to take place on Tuesday, Sept. 29. The coverage includes pre- and post-debate news and analysis, fact checks and a live blog with minute-to-minute updates and key takeaways by Noticias Telemundo’s digital news team.
Network anchors José Díaz-Balart and Felicidad Aveleyra will anchor Noticias Telemundo’s special “Decision 2020” coverage, along with Julio Vaqueiro and Vanessa Hauc. Senior Washington Correspondent Cristina Londoño will report live from the Case Western Reserve University and Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio, the site of the first debate.
Coverage will begin at 8 PM ET/7 PM CT/5 PM PT with a one-hour pre-debate show featuring reporting and analysis about the current state of play of the presidential race, the role of the Latino vote and the impact of the coronavirus pandemic among other issues.
Noticias Telemundo’s debate coverage will also include:
- A team of on-air political analysts to provide insight on the election and debate, including:
- Victoria De Francesco Soto, an assistant dean for civic engagement and a lecturer at the LBJ School of Public Affairs at The University of Texas at Austin
- Alfonso Aguilar, president of Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles
- Clarissa Martinez, deputy vice president of policy and advocacy at UnidosUS, a Latino civic engagement organization
- T Verifica, Noticias Telemundo’s new fact-checking platform, will be providing on-air fact checks and also on NoticiasTelemundo.com
- Telemundo’s augmented reality screen featuring election data on the congressional races.
- Reactions from viewers on how the candidates addressed key issues.
- Simultaneous livestream on Noticias Telemundo’s updated mobile app, NoticiasTelemundo.com and Noticias Telemundo’s YouTube, Facebook and Twitter accounts will also feature exclusive digital content presented by Telemundo correspondent Damià Bonmatí.
Telemundo’s debate coverage falls under DECISIÓN 2020, the network’s national, year-long multiplatform news and civic engagement initiative launched early in the year that spans across Telemundo’s national network and local stations.The dedicated landing page for DECISIÓN 2020 election resources and voter registration information can be found at Telemundo.com/decision2020.